2.24.2010

Mini moleskine menagerie

Mark, Lauren and I went to Barnes and Noble today to hang out, sketch, and just have fun doing nothing school related; and we did plenty of that in the 3-4 hours we were sitting at the Starbucks in BN. During that time we decided we wanted to have a joint blog and we named it after a conversation we overheard. This older gentleman was at the counter saying something to the barista, and the parts we heard were:
"I just swallowed 4 icecreams. I'm very cool."
and
"I was walking down a path, and BOOM! its a monster... its your father."

The three of us kept cracking up every time one of us said "BOOM its a monster." We liked it enough to name the blog after it. :)

Some drawings I did at BN in my mini moleskine which I had taken apart, soaked the pages in coffee and rebound about a month ago before starting any work in it.

Note: I was a little too excited to post on the blog, so the pictures are taken with my phone that randomly downsizes, so some of the images are smaller when you actually click on them (which doesnt make any sense to me).

Old man who eating something from the Barnes and Noble Starbucks.


Girl studying at a table.


Mark.


Random girl on the left. Lauren on the right.

2 comments:

Evui said...

My fav it the first old man sketch. LOVE IT

Krishna Chavda said...

thanks!! he was quite fun to draw.